What types of disabilities are served by Ontario Universities?
All disabilities that fall under the Ontario Human Rights Code are served by our members. For example, this includes:
- Acquired Brain Injuries (e.g. concussions)
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Blind, low vision, visually impaired
- Chronic & temporary medical conditions
- Deaf, deafened, hard of hearing
- Learning disabilities
- Mental health conditions
- Mobility and dexterity impairments
Where can I get more information?
The Ontario Human Rights Commission's Policy on Accessible Education for Students with Disabilities
Council of Ontario Universities: AccessibleCampus.ca
Ontario's Regional Assessment & Resource Centre: Transition Resource Guide for Students with Disabilities